Friday, August 13, 2010

Journey - Eat, Pray, Love

With the “Eat, Pray, Love” craze that’s just about everywhere you look these days - I wanted to add to it and take a moment to mention that you don’t have to go to exotic places to find yourself enjoying life. This week at Desert Rose we celebrated two birthdays – both of which were on the same day. So needless to say we had cake for breakfast and cake in the afternoon.

The morning cake was a chocolate covered in chocolate.
The afternoon cake was a Tress Leches.
Both of them were handmade by one of our “extended” family members here at DRT.
I mention this not only for the awesome cakes and company we shared, but with the book & movie craze I wondered how many people were longing to escape their lives to go on a personal journey. When I was about twenty years old my father said to me “No matter where you go, there you are.” Of course I didn’t quite get it at the time, but now I truly take it to heart. You don’t have to search all that much to find joy in life – you just have to take a moment to realize you are enjoying it.  Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Life is too short to count the calories - Marie Antoinette was right. Let them eat cake.

    ReplyDelete