Friday, August 27, 2010

Design @ Nine - Edy Rose Jim

Edy Rose is the go to girl extraordinaire here at Desert Rose Trading – no doubt. She is not only our direct line to our manufacturer, but she is our direct line to every design and sometimes to each other. She takes every idea and pulls it into action. Without Edy Rose you would not get to see the designs that our team comes up with. Needless to say she has touched every item and given it a crucial blessing.


Growing up here in western New Mexico Edy Rose encompasses the contemporary Southwestern aesthetic. Being from a small Indian reservation west of Albuquerque, she came to find herself in the “Big City” of Albuquerque. She is a member of the Navajo tribe and visits home as often as she can. You may ask – Why “Edy Rose” – well her father’s name is Edward and her mother’s name is Rose – therefore Edy Rose came to be. I have never asked her where her daughters beautiful name comes from, Taya, but I’m sure that the story is as beautiful as hers.

A wonderful New Mexico view of Edy Rose's home in Naschitti.
Being here at Desert Rose – especially on the crazy days – we all wonder “how did we end up here?” I asked Edy Rose & learned something new. “I truly wasn’t looking into falling into the jewelry biz, but have come from a string-line of it. My father is an excellent silversmith and my mother is a great jewelry stringer & inlayer. I’ve been around jewelry my whole life, as long as I can remember, so it’s all meant to be."

Edy Rose's dream place.

No comments:

Post a Comment